Saturday, April 5, 2008

Calvin and Hobbes (part two)

* “Girls are like slugs. They serve some purpose but it's hard to imagine what.”
* “- "I've been thinking Hobbes --"
- "On a weekend?"
- "Well, it wasn't on purpose..."”
* “Careful. We don't want to learn from this.”
* “Don't walk away! I'm trying to apologize you dumb noodleloaf!”
* “History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction.”
* “Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
* “Talking with you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out of body experience.”
* “I can't tell if that's funny or really scary.”
* “County library? Reference desk, please. Hello? Yes, I need a word definition. Well, that's the problem. I don't know how to spell it and I'm not allowed to say it. Could you just rattle off all the swear words you know and I'll stop you when...Hello?”
* “I wonder if I can grow fangs when my baby teeth fall out.”
* “Unfortunately for my report, mom caught me and I didn't get to see how it ended.”
* “Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success, flat stretches of boring routine, and valleys of frustration and failure.”

No comments: